Ag Loans and Farm Management
When it comes to Ag lending we have the experience and knowledge to make sound decisions. The Ag department at Home State Bank is able to make lending decisions locally and quickly. Come meet our team and see what we can do, whether you are looking to upgrade your equipment, purchase land or set up your operating line for the coming year.
Roger Custer grew up on a farm in Greene County and is a current landowner and operator. He has been in Ag Lending 25 years and Farm Management since 1995. Roger has the background, experience and expertise that you are looking for to assist your operation.
Roger Custer, as an active farmer, knows how to make it in our agricultural community.
When the time comes that you feel you need assistance in the operational challenges of farming, come in and talk to us about our Farm Management Services. Our professional Farm Management team discusses with each client their goals and will assist in the development of their farm plan. We act as your agent in handling the day-to-day details of the management of your farm. We can handle the process of interviewing an operator, writing a lease and working out all operation details. Our team is committed to provide the following services:
- Assist you as the owner in developing a plan for your farm that meets your goals
- Selection of a farm operator and negotiation of the farm lease terms
- Frequent on-site visits at your farm and with your operator
- Review and handle the enrollment of your farm in all government farm programs
- Work with your farm operator in the selection of seed, fertilizer, chemicals and crop rotation
- Promote stewardship of your land through tillage practices
- Develop a marketing plan on all crops produced on your farm and collect income when needed
- Collection of all rental income due from your farm
- Review and payment of your farmís property/liability/crop insurance coverage
- Review and payment of your farmís real estate property taxes
- Supervision of capital improvement projects on your farm approved by you
- Annual cash flow and budget requirements concerning your farm
- Keep you the owner informed of any changes or developments on your farm
- Detailed financial reports to all owners at the frequency you request